- Ginseng improves energy levels and reduced fatigue. Asian ginseng affects the body’s nervous system in various ways, including boosting mood and energy levels. Additionally, the adaptogens found within ginseng have been shown to alter the hormonal levels of the body, which can treat chronic stress. Ginseng affects the metabolization of carbohydrates resulting in weight loss.
- Ginseng can boost immune levels and thereby decrease the severity and frequency of colds in adults. Ginseng regulates the different types of immune cells – including the macrophages, natural killer cells, T cells, B cells, and dendritic cells. Thus it can help prevent inflammatory and other microbial issues.
- Ginseng also works as an anti-aging ingredient. The herb can boost collagen, which firms the skin and helps delay the onset of wrinkles. The whitening properties of the herb give your skin a bright appearance.
- Ginseng can promote hair growth. This is especially true with ginseng extract, which has been found to strengthen hair follicles and help prevent hair loss.
- Ginseng stimulates cognitive abilities and neural activity that can be difficult to achieve in older ages. Ginseng reduces alcohol toxicity in the brain by increasing the enzymes that help in alcohol breakdown.
Back to Natural Diet & Nutrition