- ASU contains phytosterols, beta -sitosterols, campesterol, stigmasterol, fat soluble vitamins, triterpene fatty acids etc. ASU works to suppress molecules responsible for inflammation and stimulates collagen synthesis.
- Sterols present in ASUs have been attributed to its anti-inflammatory effect. ASU is cable of inhibiting the protein VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) responsible for the formation of new capillaries. It also suppressed factors responsible for inflammation. These combined actions attenuated pannus formation as well.
- Conventional painkillers prescribed to manage pain in arthritis are either not effective in managing pain or at high doses cause gastric erosion. Avocado soybean unsaponifiables help to attenuate pain and reduce dependence on painkillers.
- ASUs have been known to reduce inflammation, enhance cartilage repair and reduce stiffness in joints. This can reduce the dependency on analgesics help individuals lead a better quality of life. Vitamins and minerals present in avocado can help control clinical outcomes related to rheumatoid arthritis and control oxidative stress.
- Avocados can lead to weight loss that might first handedly prevent the development of osteoarthritis in obese patients. They can also combat metabolic syndrome associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
Back to Natural Diet & Nutrition